These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms for the provision of services by Local Discovery Card a private limited company registered in England and Wales under number 13355586 whose registered address is Southview, Stag Hill, Yorkley, GL15 4TA.
- 'We', 'Our' 'Us' means Local Discovery Card.
- The Card' and 'Card' refers to the digital membership card.
- 'Membership' refers to membership of Local Discovery Card.
- 'Participating Businesses' refer to businesses offering discounts or incentives through Local Discovery Card.
- The Card may only be used at Participating Businesses as detailed on www.localdiscoverycard.co.uk.
- All offers are live, and it is the members responsibility to double check that the offer is still available at the point of purchase. We will use reasonable endeavours to update Our site to show the particulars of Participating Business and the terms of their availability.
- Participating Businesses are entitled to withdraw an offer or change the terms and conditions or availability after you have become a member and We shall have no liability for any such withdrawals or changes in terms and conditions or availability. All Participating Businesses reserve the right to refuse the sale of a product or service. All offers are subject to availability.
- Only one Local Discovery Card membership may be used per transaction, though this may be to purchase one or multiple items.
- Unless otherwise stated on individual store descriptions or unless the Participating Business exists solely as an online business, discounts are not valid online. They are only valid in participating stores.
- Where the Participating Business exists solely as an online business, please contact the business using the contact details (in the store descriptions on www.localdiscoverycard.co.uk) providing your card and ID and the business will issue a discount code for use at online checkout.
- Our printed marketing material is intended as a guide of businesses who are participating at the time of publication and therefore may not include all Participating Businesses at any one time.
- Members will have the benefit of additional businesses which join Local Discovery Card after the date your membership commenced.
- All members must announce the use of their membership at the initial meeting, upon making a reservation or at the earliest convenience in store, via email or over the phone. The Card must be presented at the point of sale in order to receive discounts.
- Participating Businesses may choose not to accept the Local Discovery membership card in conjunction with store vouchers.
- The Card may not be used to purchase vouchers, gift cards or stamps at any of the participating venues.
- The decision over whether discounts apply on Bank Holidays rests with Participating Businesses.
- Unless otherwise stated, discounts offered through the Local Discovery Card may not be used in conjunction with any other in-store or online offers including sales or multi-buy offers.
- To the best of Our ability we choose quality and reputable Participating Businesses, however We are not liable for any shortcomings in your customer experience.
Your membership and card
- By purchasing a Membership, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and you are at least 18years old.
- After placing an order with the Local Discovery Card, you will receive an email acknowledging your purchase and providing you with a digital membership card. If you do not receive a welcome email, you must contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Card is valid for the purchased term (yearly, monthly or 7days) from the date of purchase. For yearly and monthly subscriptions, a new Card will be issued by email when the term expires and upon receipt of repeat payment, when Membership automatically renews.
- The Card in whatever form is not transferable (may not be shared with friends or family), cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named on the Card. All card holders will be asked to verify their Membership. Only individuals with matching ID will have discounts authorised. ID includes bank card, UK driving license, passport, and national identity cards.
- We are not liable for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safekeeping of the digital Card.
- Local Discovery Card members must have an email address.
- Local Discovery Card digital cards cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- The Local Discovery Card is not a credit card.
- By purchasing Local Discovery Card, you agree to subscribe to Our newsletter, which will keep you up to date with new businesses signing up and also when they leave, general updates or changes to the scheme. But you can unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com
- Cards are only valid up to and including the expiry date displayed on the card.
- Out of date cards will not be accepted by Participating Businesses.
- The Local Discovery Card is not refundable.
- As an ongoing subscription service, your membership of Local Discovery Card is automatically renewed at the end of your membership period (shown as the expiry date on your digital card) and at the end of each subsequent term until cancelled.
- To cancel your membership before it automatically renews, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 days prior to the date of expiry shown on your digital card for annual subscriptions and no later than 5 days prior to the date of expiry shown on your digital card for monthly subscriptions. Refunds cannot be issued for any remaining membership term after payment for renewed membership has been taken. Upon cancellation you will receive a confirmation email; it is recommended that this is kept for your own personal records. We will not be liable for any non-communication from us, including a renewal reminder.
- You are required to inform Us if you wish to cancel or amend your Membership or you change your correspondence address.
- We provide a digital card to all members.
- Any purchases made or project that has commenced prior to either you joining the Local Discovery Card or announcing the use of the Local Discovery Card will invalidate your Membership for that particular offer. You cannot use your card on purchases or invoices that were initiated before the offer commenced.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications We send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will mainly be electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our website.
- Your payment data is not stored by the Local Discovery Card but is handled via Stripe.
- Cardholders will be updated of new businesses joining the Local Discovery Card and other relevant information via email. These are sent with your consent, where required. You can opt out by emailing Us at email@example.com
- Though We try our best to make sure all external links are correct, We are not liable for the content of any third party website.
- Offering memberships is at Our discretion, We reserve the right to not issue membership or to terminate membership if you breach these Terms.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, We shall only be liable for the membership fee. We will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits; or loss of anticipated savings. Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or any other matter for which it would be illegal for Us to exclude or attempt to exclude Oliability. Where you purchase an item from any Participating Business, any losses or liability arising out of, or in connection with, such item shall be the relevant Participating Businesses liability. We accept no liability for any bad experiences or bad items purchased at any of the Participating Businesses. We will not become involved in any dispute between you and any business. We do not give any warranty for any goods or services accessed through, or displayed on Our site.
- Copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights within this website and the material distributed by Local Discovery Card shall at all times remain with us or our licensors. Permission to use this material must be obtained in writing from us. Reproducing, distributing, transmitting or exploiting our content for commercial gain is not permitted.
- • These terms and conditions are correct as of May 2021 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. We reserve the rights to change these at any time on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the scheme, following such a change, will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions. But this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Communication, Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint. If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, including, but not limited to, these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the Services, please contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions:We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of services as necessary;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and you wish to cancel the Membership, you may do so as per the terms and conditions.
Local Discovery Business Partners
- All businesses that partner with Local Discovery Card give permission for us to advertise the named business and the discount provided. Advertisement methods to include but not be limited to website and social media, printed and visual marketing campaigns, event campaigns and word of mouth.
- All businesses understand that they need to provide an email notification to amend any of the information provided and this is subject to a 7 days notice period.
- Business Partners can change their discount or incentive a maximum of once per quarter, but We are happy to review on a one-to-one basis should Business Partners require more flexibility;
Q1 – January to March
Q2 – April to June
Q3 – July – September
Q4 – October - December
- All businesses that decide to partner with Local Discovery Card will be added to our mailing list. Should they wish to not receive communication they can ‘Opt Out’ via email at email@example.com
- Local Discovery Card Ltd and Business Partners may suspend or terminate the terms of agreement for any reason giving 7days notice and without liability of any kind.