Data we collect
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, postcode, phone numbers, email address. We will not collect, store or process data that is labelled as sensitive under GDPR.
Our use of data
We require this information:
- To fulfil our obligations as a result of any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other
- information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To inform you of any changes to our service.
Recipients of personal data
Local Discovery Card Ltd may need to transfer the personal information provided by its members to third parties in order to fulfil contractual obligations. The following are categories of recipients that member information could be transferred to:
- Data Centres
- External Information Technology Providers
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be shared with third parties.
Transfer of personal data outside of the EU
There may be occasions where data may be transferred outside of the EU for storage or processing (e.g., bulk email providers). Where necessary, we will take steps to ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
Retention of data
Local Discovery Card retains all customer information for 3 years after the last interaction with the company. After that period, if there has been no interaction the customer’s information will be erased.
Security of data
Data security is of great importance to Local Discovery Card and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected.
Our website does not track or store any personal data or use analytics cookies. Our hosting provider tracks anonymous IP and browser data on their services for security reasons, this data is deleted after 15 days.
We do not have access to sensitive billing information such as credit card or bank account details. This sensitive data is handled by the following 3rd party payment provider:
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data however, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
Rights of data subjects
As a Data Subject (individual) you have the right to:
- Withdraw consent, where given, from our processing at any given time.
- Make a Subject Access Request in the event that you wish to determine what information we hold on you.
- Request correction or erasure of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest.
- Request that we provide your personal data to you or a third-party provider of services in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware though that if you are one of our customers, then we are required by law to retain invoicing data about you and/or your business for 7 years and cannot delete this data until that time has passed.
We respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case we will notify you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK (www.ico.org.uk), should you feel that we have not handled your information in line with legislative and regulatory requirements. Our representative within Local Discovery Card for the ICO is Mr Daniel Chapman.
Links to other websites
Our site may contain links to other websites. We have no control over these websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, geographic location (if you allow when prompted by your browser), operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
We regularly send out email communication to keep you up to date with all the latest discounts, offers and news from the Local Discovery Card. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails you can do so at any time by simply emailing email@example.com. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your membership and your purchases.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.